||Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Internet marketing - is the use of the Internet to advertise and sell goods and services. Internet Marketing includes pay per click advertising, banner ads, e-mail marketing, search engine marketing (including search engine optimization), blog marketing, and article marketing.
- Search engine marketing - is a set of marketing methods to increase the visibility of a website in search engine results pages (SERPs)
- SEO - Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine - a program designed to help find information stored on a computer system such as the World Wide Web, or a personal computer.
- Organic Search - a process by which World Wide Web users find web sites having unpaid search engine listings
- Website - collection of Web pages
- Keyword - used as the search query in Search Engine
- WebCrawler - is a program which browses the World Wide Web in a methodical, automated manner.
- Web Ring - group of related web pages linked to each other in a sequence that forms a ring
- Webmaster - s a person responsible for designing, developing, marketing, or maintaining website(s)
- Robot.txt - robots exclusion standard or robots.txt protocol is a convention to prevent cooperating web spiders and other web robots from accessing all or part of a website
- Domain Name - are hostnames that provide rememberable names to stand in for numeric IP addresses
- URL - A Uniform Resource Locator (URL) is a string of characters conforming to a standardized format, which refers to a resource on the Internet (such as a document or an image) by its location
- HTML Tags - indicates structure in an HTML document
- paid inclusion listings - search engine company charges fees related to inclusion of websites in their search index
- PPC/CPC - is an advertising technique used on websites, advertising networks, and search engines.
- PageRank - is a patented method (an algorithm) to assign a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of "measuring" its relative importance within the set.
- Keyword Density - is the percentage of words on a web page that match a specified set of keywords.
- Alt Attributes - is used in HTML documents to specify text which is to be rendered when the element to which it is applied cannot be rendered.
- Meta Tags - are HTML elements used to provide structured metadata about a web page.
- Link Popularity - is a measure of the quantity and quality of other web sites that link to a specific site on the World Wide Web.
- Spamdexing - or search engine spamming is the practice of deliberately creating web pages which will be indexed by search engines in order to increase the chance of a website or page being placed close to the beginning of search engine results, or to influence the category to which the page is assigned
- Keyword stuffing - is considered to be an unethical Search engine optimization (SEO) technique. Keyword stuffing occurs when a web page is loaded with keywords in the meta tags or in content. The repetition of words in meta tags, may explain why many search engines no longer use these tags.
- Meta tag stuffing - Repeating keywords in the Meta tags, and using keywords that are unrelated to the site's content.
- Gateway/Doorway Pages - are web pages that are created for spamdexing, this is, for spamming the index of a search engine by inserting results for particular phrases with the purpose of sending you to a different page.
- Cloaking - s a search engine optimization technique in which the content presented to the search engine spider is different from that presented to the users' browser. Cloaking is a form of the doorway page technique.
- Scraper sites - is a website that pulls all of its own information from other websites.
- Page hijacking - is a form of spamdexing (spamming the index of a search engine). It is the act of copying a random but popular webpage with the intent to feed a web crawlers the copied page.