The chart shows the percentage of online searches done by US home and work web surfers
in July 2006 that were performed at a particular search engine. The activity at more than 60 search sites makes up the total search volume upon which
percentages are based --
5.6 billion searches in this month.
- People discovered website via search engines 84.8%
- 88% of adults who purchase items online conduct some sort of online research at least sometimes prior to completing their purchase.
- You can determine the scheduling of your advertisements.
- Quick Results, usually within 24-48 hours.
- You only pay when a prospective customer clicks on your ad.
The Future of Search
Search engine marketing was a $5.75 billion industry in 2005 and it will nearly double to $11.1 billion in 2010,
according to SEMPO's (Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization) latest industry survey.6 In 2006, s
earch marketing spending will total about $7.2 billion and increase by 15.3% to $8.3 billion in 2007.7
A study by "Yahoo Search Marketing, Harris Interactive, Internet Retailer, SEMPO, July 2006"